In recent days, the Regional District of Central Kootenay has issued a number of Evacuation Alerts and Evacuation Orders that may be impacting you and your family. To help ensure you are up to date with important information and that you have support during this time, we have put together a list of helpful resources:
- Current information on Evacuation Orders & Evacuation Alerts is available on the RDCK webpage, including Emergency preparedness tips.
- You can also sign up to receive communications from the Emergency Notification System.
- Additional information is available via the RDCK Facebook page and RDCK Twitter account.
- Information regarding the support that may be available for flooding damage that could occur.
Claims reporting information for RHC a Division of Hub International
- If you have suffered damage to your property and/or have been put on Evacuation Order and believe that you have coverage for flood, we’ll work with you to determine if coverage is in place and prepare to open a claim with your Insurance Carrier.
Gary Kanda from Kootenay Adjusting & Consulting Ltd.
Claims Reporting vehicles impacted by the flooding (ICBC)
If you have a vehicle that has suffered any damage as a result of flooding, please contact ICBC directly:
We are here for you and committed to providing resources and support during this crisis facing all of the impacted communities in the Kootenay Region.