Level 1 or 2 Insurance Broker
RHC Insurance Cranbrook is looking for a confident, career focused insurance broker to join our team. This position is part of a fast-paced, dynamic work environment that is rewarding and geared towards training and career development opportunities in commercial lines and commercial auto insurance. RHC Insurance offers regular working hours (Monday through Friday), competitive salary and benefits.
- Deals in person with clients daily
- Provides technical support to Account Executive(s); specifically, in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotes.
- Completes applications in coordination with Account Executive(s); submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Determines if direct or agency billing is appropriate and invoices accordingly.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals for word processing as needed.
- Processes renewals in coordination with Account Executive(s) according to agency procedures.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Processes incoming mail and phone requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Uses agency credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments; request cancellations from the carrier according to agency standards.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies Account Executive(s).
- Processes and following up on cancellations requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims, facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows up on claims status, according to agency procedures.
- Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverages in coordination with Account Executive(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills & Abilities
- Well organized. Efficient in time management, developing work flows and setting priorities.
- Strives for customer service excellence with clients, staff, vendors.
- Driven to learn and continually improve knowledge about the insurance industry.
- Excellent communicator; not afraid to ask questions but focused on ensuring all communication is clear, complete and concise.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Familiarity with computer and word processing programs.
Experience & Certifications
- Minimum level 1 license with preference given to Level 2 license
- Minimum 2 years insurance experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent required
If you meet the outlined criteria we would love to hear from you! Please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Or drop it off at our office in Cranbrook at 38 Cranbrook St N.